Dancer Transition Resource CentreAssociated Organization
Founded in 1985, the Dancer Transition Resource Centre (DTRC) is a national, charitable organization dedicated to helping dancers make necessary transitions into, within, and from professional performing careers. We also operate as a resource centre for the dance community and general public and support activities that improve the socioeconomic conditions of artists across the country.
Dance is one of the most demanding professions, physically, emotionally and financially.
The Dancer Transition Resource Centre (DTRC) works with professional dancers on an individual basis, providing compassionate support and practical services to address all stages of the career.
Dancers are better able to reach their potential while performing; prepare in advance for life after dance; and pursue meaningful and fulfilling second careers when a life on stage is no longer possible.
DTRC operates as a membership-based organization. Hundreds of professional dancers across Canada are members of the DTRC and have access to:
- Professional Counselling – academic, career, financial, legal, personal
- Grants & Awards – to develop transferable skills, explore second career options, and retrain for parallel or second careers
- Online Job Board
- Online Member/Alumni Network
- Mentoring/Job Shadowing Opportunities
- Services for All Dancers (see below)
Services for All Dancers
The DTRC also operates as a resource centre for the dance community, providing:
- Workshops and Conferences
- on the MOVE/danse TRANSIT conference for emerging dance artists
- Referrals to counsellors on a fee-for-service basis
- Opportunities to speak with DTRC staff and representatives about issues within a dance career
Services for the Public
As a world leader in the field of transition, the DTRC is often consulted on needs and trends within the dance community and invited to speak at conferences, events and workshops focused on transition.
- Read about research projects into dance and the needs of artists
- Learn how you can support the DTRC and dancers in transition
- Post a Job for DTRC members and alumni
DON'T FORGET TO BE PART OF:
The deadline to complete the survey is June 30, 2016. Complete it and enter to win an iPad mini or a dancewear item of your choice from AinslieWear