NBS sharing Dance Day 2022 -Live streaming
LIVE STREAM -
Thursday, June 2 at 12:30am - 4:00pm
Each year Canada's National Ballet School (NBS) commissions Canadian artists to create a piece of choreography that embodies a thoughtful theme and culminates in a national dance party to bring people together and celebrate the joy of movement. Last year, thousands of Canadians from coast-to-coast-to-coast tuned in our national broadcast and we are excited to announce that the 2022 Sharing Dance Day Broadcast will stream on Thursday, June 2nd!
Featuring the choreography by Aïcha Bastien-N’Diaye and Starr Muranko, and workshops from artists from across the country this year promises to be another great year! We would love for you and those in your community to join us!
Sharing Dance Day at a glance:
- Learn the Sharing Dance Day Choreography – with step-by-step instructional videos adapted for all ages, no dance experience is required!
- Make it a family event... the whole family can learn and join in the dancing.
- The English Sharing Dance Choreography resources, are still available and can be accessed HERE . Be part of a collaborative video collage featuring dancers from across the country, premiering during NBS Sharing Dance Day!
- The French resources for the 2022 Sharing Dance Choreography are now available! To access the step-by-step instructional videos and supporting materials, please click HERE.
- It’s also not too late to submit a recording of your community doing the Sharing Dance Choreography! Submissions can be made through the NBS website and those received by end of day, Friday, Mary 13 will be featured in the Sharing Dance Day Broadcast.
To participate, film and share a short clip of your favorite part of this year’s NBS Sharing Dance Choreography and submit through this link by May 9, 2022.
The broadcast will stream at 12:30pm EDT June 2nd on the NBS website, and will include workshops led by artists from across the country.
Dobn't miss this wonderful day of dacne.