Administrative Ass’t at Cobequid Dance Academy
Cobequid Dance Academy Inc. is dedicated to inspiring excellence by providing a strong technical foundation, and developing individual artistry in a supportive and encouraging learning environment that celebrates fun, fellowship and the joy of movement.
With the growth of our school, we are looking for a mature, experienced, & friendly Administrative Assistant to join our team.
About This Position:
The position of Administrative Assistant is diverse in nature. This successful candidate will be responsible for providing reception, clerical, and administrative support services for CDA and its faculty. The Administrative Assistant requires strong communications and public relations skill. Given the high level of interaction with students, family members and the general public, this position requires the heightened skills of someone who is courteous, professional and tactful at all times as well as being an effective trouble shooter and efficient problem solver.
The clerical aspect of the position demands that the Administrative Assistant have good technical skills, demonstrate attention to detail, and have an aptitude for working with a variety of computer software applications, navigating cloud based applications, and operating office equipment. Finally, the administrative support/office management aspect of the position dictates that this person be a team player; someone with considerable initiative who is always looking for an opportunity to assist others; is open to new ideas; and is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that CDA achieves its goals and objectives.
Desired Skills & Qualifications Include:
• Professional, friendly, neat, assertive when needed, and organized.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good time management skills
• Customer-service oriented, able to work with little supervision, and a team player.
• Capable of multi-tasking and acting proactively in resolving issues.
• Attention to detail.
• Enjoy being around young people.
• Able to work in a fast-pasted environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel), Google Docs and willing to learn new computer programs.
• Has at least three years of related work experience.
• Knowledge of dance would be an asset.
Terms of Employment:
3:30 – 9:00 pm daily Monday to Friday
*Some morning hours may be required.
February – June 2018**
Salary and benefits and will be negotiated based on qualifications and experience.
**Possibility for continued employment Aug 2018-June 2019
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS NOT AVAILABLE TO CURRENT CDA CLIENTS.
Please email resumes with references to email@example.com
Current Criminal Record check, Vulnerable Sector check and Child Abuse Registry check required.
Visit their website for contact information: cobequiddanceacademy
Posted: February 15th, 2018