Cobequid Dance Academy - Job Posting for Dance Educator position - February 2020 -June 2020
Job Posting for Dance Educator position - February 2020 -June 2020
Seeking a Dance Educator for a temporary position teaching Tap and Jazz.
Cobequid Dance Academy Inc. is dedicated to inspiring excellence by providing it’s students with a strong technical foundation and developing individual artistry in a supportive and encouraging learning environment that celebrates fun, fellowship and the joy of movement.
With one of our faculty members going on maternity leave, we are looking for an experienced, highly trained Dance Educator to join our faculty in her absence. The ages of the student to be taught range from 13-17.
About The Position: �Dance Educators on faculty at CDA are responsible for providing high quality dance training to CDA students. The successful candidate for this position must have achieved a high level of success in their own dance training and education, and demonstrate good technique and thorough understanding of tap and jazz technique. They must demonstrate attention to detail, have an aptitude for working with a range of age groups and abilities, and an openness for collaboration and community involvement. This position requires someone who is a team player; someone with considerable initiative who is always looking for an opportunity to assist others; is open to new ideas; is comfortable sharing ideas; and is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that CDA achieves it’s goals and objectives.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Teaching certification from a recognized body or training institution or a post-secondary diploma or degree in dance or equivalent practical teaching experience
- Experience teaching Tap and Jazz
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Has a minimum of three years of previous teaching experience (or has just graduated from a Teacher Training Program and has completed a work placement)
Terms of Employment:
Rate of pay will be negotiated based on experience and education
February 2020 -June 2020
SUBMIT RESUMES TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- TO SUBMIT A NOTICE OR EVENT LISTING
- COVID-19 and Submissions to The Dance Current
- Cobequid Dance Academy - Job Posting for Dance Educator position - February 2020 -June 2020
- Artistic Director - Toronto Dance Theatre
- Culture Link: Expressions of Interest (REOI)
- Dance Current: February 2020 Event Listings Deadline