JOB POSTINGS…. be sure to scroll down…
Job Posting Administrative Officer
Dance Nova Scotia is a not for profit organization that represents all forms of dance across the province. We are seeking a person with a broad range of administrative skills for the position of Administrative Officer. Active participation in dance is not necessary but the candidate must have an interest in dance and be able to develop familiarity with the provincial dance community, is highly organized and attentive to detail. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of members and the public.
Operational: (Running the office):
- Photocopying, maintaining records, general filing/record keeping;
- Responsible for healthy operation of computer systems (maintaining contact with IT contractor as required);
- Payables/receivables/banking (invoicing/receiving, bank deposits, online banking tasks, payments, charitable receipts & records, rental payments for our DANSpace);
- Income (memberships, workshop fees, donations, dance kit sales);
- Employee payroll records;
- Familiar with CRA issues (HST rebate, payroll remittance/deductions)
- Working with DANSpace manager to ensure staff time sheets are received, receiving/processing rental payments, maintaining ongoing communication with DANSpace;
- Working with bookkeeper to ensure correct entry of financial information;
- Data entry and maintenance using Sumac data system (www.sumac.com);
- Keeping On-line searchable database of dance schools and teachers up to date and current;
- Keeping information on website current (entries to Dance Events calendars;
- Compiling a weekly Enews (newsletter) that goes out to members;
- Skilled with social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram);
- Ongoing communication with, awareness and knowledge of the dance communities in the province;
- Able to field inquiries about Dance Nova Scotia programs (www.dancens.ca);
- Assist with office services to members as required (print and photocopy services).
- Proficiency with Windows 10, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, MailChimp;
- Experience with database management (experience with Sumac a plus)
- Experience in CSM websites and forms
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
- Working knowledge of Sage 50 Accounting
- Bookkeeping experience is an asset
Attention to Detail: Accomplishes a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Highly organized and attentive to detail. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
Communication: Able to write in a variety of communication settings and styles; orally communicates positively in a variety of formal and informal settings; actively listens.
Customer Service: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of members and customers. Is respectful of others, helping or serving them to meet their needs
Work location: Cultural Federations of Nova Scotia, 1113 Marginal Rd.
Hours: 20 hours per week, Monday-Friday, schedule to be determined within Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Remuneration: $17 per hour + Vacation and Pension
Anticipated start date: June 4th, 2018
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Email submissions to: email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Extended to MAY 16TH, 2018
Summer Job Opportunity For a University/College Student
HRM Recreation Breakdance/Hip Hop Instructor
June 16 - August 8, 2014
Wage: $11.10 per hour (+ 4% Vac)
30 hours/ week
Deadline to Apply: May 24th, 2018.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to be part of our outreach to HRM Recreation and Community Centres.
- Teaching: Teaching introductory dance workshops to youth at community centres, youth centres and clubs, playgrounds, parks, libraries and other places in HRM;
- Organizing: With participating community organizations, libraries and recreation centres planning the program and setting the schedule for the workshops;
- Promoting: Creating notices to promote the program, contacting the media to do interviews and articles on the program;
- Reporting and Evaluation: Distributing and collecting evaluation forms from participants. Reporting weekly on the activities. compiling final report with numbers of workshops, location, number of participants;
- Writing: Contribute to program manual to guide future participants in this program.
- General administration duties.
Must have completed at least one year of university or community college at a recognized post-secondary educational institution. Must be planning to return to school in the fall.
The right candidate:
- MUST have experience teaching breakdance/hip hop;
- Should have experience working independently;
- Must be able to work in Excel;
- Should have proven track record of reliability;
- Should be very organized - excellent organizational skills are essential for this position;
- Must have a positive personality;
- Should be able to take direction and show initiative;
- And… must have a passion for dance!
This job is open to all candidates who meet the qualifications listed above.
Please note: Only those selected will be notified for an interview.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or in drop off in person at Dance Nova Scotia, 1113 Marginal Rd, Halifax.
Deadline to Apply: May 24th, 2018.
Artistic Director Winnepeg Contemporary Dancers
Starting date: September 17, 2018
Resumes accepted until May 18, 2018 at 5 pm Eastern Standard Time
COMPANY HISTORY Winnipeg ‘s Contemporary Dancers, founded in 1964 by Rachel
Browne, is one of Canada’s founding modern dance companies. During its entire history, the Company has worked with scores of exceptional Canadian and international artists, establishing a reputation for presentation of dance of the highest quality. Winnipeg‘s Contemporary Dancers’ goal is to create a place on the local, national and international arts landscape that enables vital intersections, linkages and exchange among dance creators, dance interpreters, spectators and communities. Our values, programs, and activities are based on respect for our history, the ongoing development of our artists, and to our place in the community. We are an evolving, responsive arts system, which serves as a springboard for advancing the art form through the presentation of new and existing dance work that fosters and advances artistic vitality and excellence in dance. We create, produce, teach, present and promote professional contemporary dance with a view to furthering the art form for professional artists and audiences alike. Winnipeg’s Contemporary Dancers it is located on Treaty One Territory. Treaty One Territory is located on the original lands of Anishinaabeg, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, and Dene peoples, and on the homeland of the Métis Nation. To find out more about Winnipeg’s Contemporary Dancers please visit: http://www.winnipegscontemporarydancers.ca/company/
Winnipeg’s Contemporary Dancers’ Artistic Director (AD) is a full time seasonal position (September – May) and must be located in Winnipeg during this time. The AD is responsible for all artistic matters of the Company, creating and choreographing their own work on selected dancers and acts as curator, programming choreographers and performing artists into each season. The AD is expected to choreograph a minimum of one new full evening length work each year. Reporting directly to the Chair of the Board of Directors, this position works closely with the Administrator, directly supervises the dancers, all other creative and performing artists and supervises the work of the Production Manager/Technical Director as it pertains to artistic matters. The Artistic Director is the spokesperson and face of the Company. 2 The individual in this position shall be an accomplished choreographer with a positive national profile, a strong artistic vision, ability to articulate that vision, and possess excellent leadership, interpersonal and oral communication skills. The Artistic Director oversees and manages the work of all artistic personnel, maintaining a high quality artistic output that achieves the Company’s goals and objectives. The candidate will maintain a high level of attention to detail in all aspects of the position and execute their accountabilities with the highest level of professional integrity. Winnipeg’s Contemporary Dancers fosters a team-oriented environment in which all personnel may be required to participate in a wide range of activities and take on additional responsibilities from time to time that may be outside of their core responsibilities. The successful candidate will be expected to uphold the values of Winnipeg’s Contemporary Dancers: Equity and Diversity, Respect, Anti-Oppression, Equality Across Gender Identities and Sexual Orientation, Maintaining Safe Work Environments, and Community Building.
• Develop and execute a new artistic vision that fulfills the organization’s overall mission.
• Annually select all artistic activities for approval by the Board of Directors.
• Selecting artists for all annual seasonal Company activities and providing the Administrator with all pertinent information for contracting.
• Manage and execute community engagement and outreach activities
• Supervising, directing and assessing the work of all artists annually.
• In collaboration with the Administrator, manage and execute all organizational planning.
• Provide regular updates to the Administrator and Chair of the Board to review artistic plans.
• In collaboration with the Administrator, prepare annual the operating budget for approval by the Board of Directors. • Working closely with the Administrator achieve Company financial goals;
• Working closely with the Administrator on planning, preparing and execution of operating and project based applications to government agencies and departments.
• In collaboration with the Administrator, oversee and approve all communications content including but not limited to; press releases, house programs, digital platforms.
• Provide a written artistic report at meetings of the Board of Directors on progress on approved artistic activities and plans
• Ensure all Company personnel are kept aware of artistic plans in advance
• Attend and participate in all Company fundraising activities as required. • Actively seek out opportunities to elevate the Company’s profile locally, provincially, nationally and internationally.
• Post-secondary degree in dance from a recognized institution or equivalent working experience in a company of a similar size
• Experience managing and executing annual artistic programming
• Proven capacity to work collaboratively and harmoniously with Boards of Directors, Management, staff, volunteers, community groups, funding agencies, donors and sponsors
• A self starter who can work independently and collaboratively
• Experience meeting deadlines and adhering to schedules
• Demonstrable experience writing grants and funding proposals
• Motivated, decisive, an independent problem solver, and able to work under pressure
• Respect for timelines, schedules, contracts and budgets
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Salary Range: $40,000 – $50,000 commensurate with experience
Maritime Dance Academy
(Atlantic Canada's largest dance school) is seeking professional instructors for the following styles: ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary and hip hop. Ballet qualifications through the Society of Russian Ballet is an asset but not a requirement.
Must be open to working with a syllabus and have a passion for dance and inspiring children.
Classes run September-June.
Please email email@example.com with inquiries.
Vist the website: www.maritimedanceacademy.com
RHYTHM IN MOTION SEEKS BALLET INSTRUCTOR
Rhythm in Motion Dance Studio is seeking an experienced ballet instructor for up to 2 nights per week, to teach intensive training level dancers who have completed Russian Society level 4 to pre-elementary.
Candidate must be positive, motivated, and willing to share their love of ballet with their students. Professional accreditation an asset but not a necessity.
Please send questions and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
ADMINISTRATIVE ASS’T AT COBEQUID DANCE ACADEMY
Cobequid Dance Academy Inc. is dedicated to inspiring excellence by providing a strong technical foundation, and developing individual artistry in a supportive and encouraging learning environment that celebrates fun, fellowship and the joy of movement.
With the growth of our school, we are looking for a mature, experienced, & friendly Administrative Assistant to join our team.
About This Position:
The position of Administrative Assistant is diverse in nature. This successful candidate will be responsible for providing reception, clerical, and administrative support services for CDA and its faculty. The Administrative Assistant requires strong communications and public relations skill. Given the high level of interaction with students, family members and the general public, this position requires the heightened skills of someone who is courteous, professional and tactful at all times as well as being an effective trouble shooter and efficient problem solver.
The clerical aspect of the position demands that the Administrative Assistant have good technical skills, demonstrate attention to detail, and have an aptitude for working with a variety of computer software applications, navigating cloud based applications, and operating office equipment. Finally, the administrative support/office management aspect of the position dictates that this person be a team player; someone with considerable initiative who is always looking for an opportunity to assist others; is open to new ideas; and is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that CDA achieves its goals and objectives.
Desired Skills & Qualifications Include:
• Professional, friendly, neat, assertive when needed, and organized.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good time management skills
• Customer-service oriented, able to work with little supervision, and a team player.
• Capable of multi-tasking and acting proactively in resolving issues.
• Attention to detail.
• Enjoy being around young people.
• Able to work in a fast-pasted environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel), Google Docs and willing to learn new computer programs.
• Has at least three years of related work experience.
• Knowledge of dance would be an asset.
Terms of Employment:
3:30 – 9:00 pm daily Monday to Friday
*Some morning hours may be required.
February – June 2018**
Salary and benefits and will be negotiated based on qualifications and experience.
**Possibility for continued employment Aug 2018-June 2019
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS NOT AVAILABLE TO CURRENT CDA CLIENTS.
Please email resumes with references to email@example.com
Current Criminal Record check, Vulnerable Sector check and Child Abuse Registry check required.
Visit their website for contact information: cobequiddanceacademy
Posted: February 15th, 2018
- TO SUBMIT A NOTICE OR EVENT LISTING
- Dance Skills for Boys and Men… a workshop w/ Vincent Thomas
- Auditions for Martime Conservatory programs (Professional Ballet Program and Teacher Training)
- Nova Scotia Talent Trust 75th Anniversary Pop Up Events
- JOB POSTINGS…. be sure to scroll down…
- Dance Current: Event Listings Deadline