JOB POSTINGS…. be sure to scroll down…
Mocean Dance is seeking a Community Catalyst to support the development of education and outreach opportunities throughout Nova Scotia.The Community Catalyst will work with the Co-Artistic Directors to develop programming already in place, as well as develop new programming for community education and outreach, particularly in local populations currently underserved by dance. The position will be primarily programming design and implementation, seeking new community partners, securing programming funding, and coordinating project logistics.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented and excel at time/project management. They will be a skilled networker, a strong communicator (both written and oral) and be comfortable interacting with large and small groups as well as one-on-one. They will enjoy working independently and as part of a team while being energized by the opportunity to innovate and create something new.
Key Responsibilities & Competencies
• Create or maintain strong communication channels for program design and implementation in education outreach and community engagement programming;
• Create or maintain strong communication channels in assigned project management tasks;
• Seek new community partners such as sponsors, foundations, public funding bodies, to support Education/Outreach projects;
• Experience with program design and implementation; • Experience with grant writing; • Comfortable working with a diversity of people;
• Comfortable overseeing group facilitation in mixed-populations in varied environments;
• Knowledge and experience in the arts sector.
Other Desirable Assets
• Dance or other teaching experience;
• Experience in a non-profit setting;
• Valid driver’s license;
Terms of Employment
• This position is an eight-month, flex-time contract position
• This position is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia but will involve working throughout the HRM and province of Nova Scotia
• Remuneration: $18-$25/hour (commensurate with experience), 10-15 hrs/week (flexible schedule) for 25 weeks from September 2018 - April 2019. Teaching fees paid in addition to administration.
• Start date: September/October 2018
How to apply
• Please send a cover letter and CV to Lora Arenburg at email@example.com.
• Deadline: August 20, 2018.
• We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ABOUT MOCEAN DANCE
Mocean Dance is an award-winning contemporary dance company based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Led by Co-Artistic Directors Susanne Chui and Sara Coffin, Mocean commissions Canadian and international choreographers to create dance that is highly physical, collaborative, and technically and emotionally rich. Founded in 2001 by Carolle Crooks Fernando, Sarah Rozee, Sara Harrigan, Alicia Orr MacDonald, and Lisa Phinney Langley, Mocean Dance is nationally recognized as a leading company from the Atlantic region. A resident company of Halifax Dance since 2002, Mocean is committed to its home base in Nova Scotia, contributing to the province’s dance and arts community by providing opportunities for creation, performance, collaboration, development and education.
Dance Zone Performing Arts Centre located in Elmsdale is looking for an instructor for Tuesday evenings for the 2018-2019 dance season. Hours/classes are as follows:
4:30-5:30 Jr Ballet (ages 8-10yrs with a few years of experience)
5:30-6:30 7-12 Jazz/Hip Hop (ages 7-12yrs beginner combo class of both styles)
6:30-7:30 Jr Ballet (ages 10-12yrs with a few years of experience in dance - some have ballet experience some do not)
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you are interested.
Visit the Dance Zone website
Posted: July 9th, 2018
Kinetic Studio Employment Opportunity – Artistic Director
Kinetic Studio is seeking a new Artistic Director. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and self-directed individual with a deep knowledge of the contemporary dance community, experience in dance creation and/or producing, an understanding of the not-for-profit milieu and funding programs, well-versed in social media and with the ability to work with people, both as a colleague and a mentor.
The Artistic Director is self-employed, working out of her/his own home and will have an increasing degree of curatorial autonomy as experience is acquired. The position is directly responsible to the Board of Directors.
Application deadline: July 23, 2018
To apply: send resume and a cover letter which includes a statement of your artistic vision to firstname.lastname@example.org
Artistic Director Winnepeg Contemporary Dancers
Starting date: September 17, 2018
Resumes accepted until May 18, 2018 at 5 pm Eastern Standard Time
COMPANY HISTORY Winnipeg ‘s Contemporary Dancers, founded in 1964 by Rachel
Browne, is one of Canada’s founding modern dance companies. During its entire history, the Company has worked with scores of exceptional Canadian and international artists, establishing a reputation for presentation of dance of the highest quality. Winnipeg‘s Contemporary Dancers’ goal is to create a place on the local, national and international arts landscape that enables vital intersections, linkages and exchange among dance creators, dance interpreters, spectators and communities. Our values, programs, and activities are based on respect for our history, the ongoing development of our artists, and to our place in the community. We are an evolving, responsive arts system, which serves as a springboard for advancing the art form through the presentation of new and existing dance work that fosters and advances artistic vitality and excellence in dance. We create, produce, teach, present and promote professional contemporary dance with a view to furthering the art form for professional artists and audiences alike. Winnipeg’s Contemporary Dancers it is located on Treaty One Territory. Treaty One Territory is located on the original lands of Anishinaabeg, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, and Dene peoples, and on the homeland of the Métis Nation. To find out more about Winnipeg’s Contemporary Dancers please visit: http://www.winnipegscontemporarydancers.ca/company/
Winnipeg’s Contemporary Dancers’ Artistic Director (AD) is a full time seasonal position (September – May) and must be located in Winnipeg during this time. The AD is responsible for all artistic matters of the Company, creating and choreographing their own work on selected dancers and acts as curator, programming choreographers and performing artists into each season. The AD is expected to choreograph a minimum of one new full evening length work each year. Reporting directly to the Chair of the Board of Directors, this position works closely with the Administrator, directly supervises the dancers, all other creative and performing artists and supervises the work of the Production Manager/Technical Director as it pertains to artistic matters. The Artistic Director is the spokesperson and face of the Company. 2 The individual in this position shall be an accomplished choreographer with a positive national profile, a strong artistic vision, ability to articulate that vision, and possess excellent leadership, interpersonal and oral communication skills. The Artistic Director oversees and manages the work of all artistic personnel, maintaining a high quality artistic output that achieves the Company’s goals and objectives. The candidate will maintain a high level of attention to detail in all aspects of the position and execute their accountabilities with the highest level of professional integrity. Winnipeg’s Contemporary Dancers fosters a team-oriented environment in which all personnel may be required to participate in a wide range of activities and take on additional responsibilities from time to time that may be outside of their core responsibilities. The successful candidate will be expected to uphold the values of Winnipeg’s Contemporary Dancers: Equity and Diversity, Respect, Anti-Oppression, Equality Across Gender Identities and Sexual Orientation, Maintaining Safe Work Environments, and Community Building.
• Develop and execute a new artistic vision that fulfills the organization’s overall mission.
• Annually select all artistic activities for approval by the Board of Directors.
• Selecting artists for all annual seasonal Company activities and providing the Administrator with all pertinent information for contracting.
• Manage and execute community engagement and outreach activities
• Supervising, directing and assessing the work of all artists annually.
• In collaboration with the Administrator, manage and execute all organizational planning.
• Provide regular updates to the Administrator and Chair of the Board to review artistic plans.
• In collaboration with the Administrator, prepare annual the operating budget for approval by the Board of Directors. • Working closely with the Administrator achieve Company financial goals;
• Working closely with the Administrator on planning, preparing and execution of operating and project based applications to government agencies and departments.
• In collaboration with the Administrator, oversee and approve all communications content including but not limited to; press releases, house programs, digital platforms.
• Provide a written artistic report at meetings of the Board of Directors on progress on approved artistic activities and plans
• Ensure all Company personnel are kept aware of artistic plans in advance
• Attend and participate in all Company fundraising activities as required. • Actively seek out opportunities to elevate the Company’s profile locally, provincially, nationally and internationally.
• Post-secondary degree in dance from a recognized institution or equivalent working experience in a company of a similar size
• Experience managing and executing annual artistic programming
• Proven capacity to work collaboratively and harmoniously with Boards of Directors, Management, staff, volunteers, community groups, funding agencies, donors and sponsors
• A self starter who can work independently and collaboratively
• Experience meeting deadlines and adhering to schedules
• Demonstrable experience writing grants and funding proposals
• Motivated, decisive, an independent problem solver, and able to work under pressure
• Respect for timelines, schedules, contracts and budgets
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Salary Range: $40,000 – $50,000 commensurate with experience
Maritime Dance Academy
(Atlantic Canada's largest dance school) is seeking professional instructors for the following styles: ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary and hip hop. Ballet qualifications through the Society of Russian Ballet is an asset but not a requirement.
Must be open to working with a syllabus and have a passion for dance and inspiring children.
Classes run September-June.
Please email email@example.com with inquiries.
Vist the website: www.maritimedanceacademy.com
RHYTHM IN MOTION SEEKS BALLET INSTRUCTOR
Rhythm in Motion Dance Studio is seeking an experienced ballet instructor for up to 2 nights per week, to teach intensive training level dancers who have completed Russian Society level 4 to pre-elementary.
Candidate must be positive, motivated, and willing to share their love of ballet with their students. Professional accreditation an asset but not a necessity.
Please send questions and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- TO SUBMIT A NOTICE OR EVENT LISTING
- Principal auditions for The Nutcracker
- String Art an Interdisciplinary Performance Project with Lois Brown (Applications now accepted)
- Call for submissions 2018-19 Kinetic Studio
- Kinetic Studio Exploration Applications 2018-19
- Auditions for Martime Conservatory programs (Professional Ballet Program and Teacher Training)
- Nova Scotia Talent Trust 75th Anniversary Pop Up Events
- JOB POSTINGS…. be sure to scroll down…