Mocean Dance seeks Interim Artistic Producer
Mocean Dance is Hiring an Interim Artistic Producer
Application Deadline: January 11, 2019
Mocean Dance, a professional contemporary dance company based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is seeking an Interim Artistic Producer to cover a maternity leave for one of Mocean’s two Co-Artistic Directors. Due to the collaborative nature of the Co-Artistic Directors’ work, which includes both artistic and administrative work, the position can be tailored to suit individuals with various skill sets including arts administrators, arts general managers and dance artists with administrative experience.
The Interim Artistic Producer will provide support to in the areas of:
Project, tour and production management
Grant applications and reporting
Fundraising and revenue generation
Marketing and communications
The ideal candidate should possess a university or community college degree, or relevant professional experience.
Other requirements include:
Excellent computer skills and proficiency in MS Office, Google Suite
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience in Fundraising and Grant Writing
Attention to details and strong analytical and research skills
Ability to work both independently and as a team player
Ability to learn new processes and systems quickly
Time management and ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
Knowledge and understanding of the arts and the non-profit sector
Knowledge and experience in contemporary dance; financial management experience; familiarity with website and social media marketing; non-profit board experience; database management skills; excellent organizational skills; as well as specialized training in arts administration will be considered assets.
Professional dance artists with experience in arts administration are encouraged to apply. In addition to the above responsibilities, there is an option to participate in artistic activities as part of the job responsibilities and can be tailored to the individual’s interests and skill sets. Possible activities include: performing, teaching, rehearsal direction, mentorship and/or participation as a collaborator in programs such as Next Wave and CLEaR Forum. Applicants are encouraged to outline their artistic skill sets in their applications. Some flexibility to the work schedule may be available to artists who are already committed to artistic projects during the tenure of this contract.
Salary: Commensurate with the experience of the chosen candidate. Expected to be in the range of $35,000- $40,000. Benefits package also available.
Terms of Employment
This position will be full time for 52 consecutive weeks, plus 1-2 weeks paid training
Dates: Mid-March 2018 - April 2019
This position is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia but may involve working throughout the HRM and province of Nova Scotia.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and CV to Lora Arenburg at email@example.com
Deadline: January 11, 2019
We thank all candidates for their interest.
However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ABOUT MOCEAN DANCE
Mocean Dance is an award-winning contemporary dance company based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Led by Co-Artistic Directors Susanne Chui and Sara Coffin, Mocean commissions Canadian and international choreographers to create dance that is highly physical, collaborative, and technically and emotionally rich. Founded in 2001 by Carolle Crooks Fernando, Sarah Rozee, Sara Harrigan, Alicia Orr MacDonald, and Lisa Phinney Langley, Mocean Dance is nationally recognized as a leading company from the Atlantic region. A resident company of Halifax Dance since 2002, Mocean is committed to its home base in Nova Scotia, contributing to the province’s dance and arts community by providing opportunities for creation, performance, collaboration, development and education.
- TO SUBMIT A NOTICE OR EVENT LISTING
- Neptune Theatre: Call for Choreographer for the 2020 production of Billy Elliott
- FUSE Festival 2019 - Call for Performers
- PHÉNOMENA FESTIVAL Call for Applications
- Mocean Dance seeks Interim Artistic Producer
- Nostos Collectives is calling for artists…
- Culture Link: Expressions of Interest (REOI)
- Principal auditions for The Nutcracker
- Mocean Dance seeking Community Catalyst
- String Art an Interdisciplinary Performance Project with Lois Brown (Applications now accepted)
- Call for submissions 2018-19 Kinetic Studio
- Kinetic Studio Exploration Applications 2018-19
- Dance Skills for Boys and Men… a workshop w/ Vincent Thomas
- Auditions for Martime Conservatory programs (Professional Ballet Program and Teacher Training)
- Administrative Ass’t at Cobequid Dance Academy
- Nova Scotia Talent Trust 75th Anniversary Pop Up Events
- Ballet Instructor wanted in Bridgewater.
- TEACHING POSITIONS… be sure to scroll down…
- Dance Current: APRIL 2019 Event Listings Deadline